Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Anne's Vocabulary (Pages 1-40)

Page 5. ardent (adjective)

The word ardent in the context of the story means to express intense, fierce feelings. I chose this word because it reminds me of the Spanish word ardiente, which means burning.


Page 6. florin (/ˈflɔrɪn, ˈflɒr-/ noun)

The word florin in the context of the story is money. I chose this word simply because it is currency.


Page 8. tram (noun)

The word tram in the context of the story is a car (street car). I chose this word because I wanted to know what Anne meant.


Page 33. stifle (verb)

The word stifle in the context of the story means to suppress or withhold. In this case Anne did not know what to do to be able to stifle her rage. I chose this word because to me this word means to hide something.


Page 36. prude (noun)

The word prude in the context of the story means a knowledgeable person. I chose this word simply on the basis of pronunciation. It sounds cool. I like it. Anne is so not a prude just like she stated it so.


No comments:

Post a Comment