Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Anne's Vocbulary (Pages 41-154)

Page 66. mirth (noun)
The word mirth in the context of the story means someone who has a sense of humor, someone who makes you laugh. I chose this word because I thought it meant something negative or something to worry about.


Page 84. grouser (noun)

The word grouser in the context of the story means a person who complains. I for example like to complain about school and work. I chose this word because it reminds me of the word gross and something unpleasant.


Page 86. seething (verb)
The word seething in the context of the story means to grow with rage. Anne was seething with rage. I chose this word because it reminds me of a seed and a seed grows out to be a plant.


Page 103. muddle (verb)
The word muddle in the context of the story means being in a state of confusion. Anne said that for a while everyone in the annex where in a bit of a muddle about time. I chose this word because a while back I read a book to my son and one of the character’s name was Muddle.


Page 113. divan (noun)

The word divan in the context of the story it is a simple sofa or couch. I chose this word because it I really did not know what the word meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment